AirPrint on Any Printer!
Category : Software
In this project, I will show you how to make ANY printer in your house AirPrint Compatible. AirPrint is the service that allows all of the i-Devices to print to an actual printer without having to put the file on Google docs and print it from there. So Lets get to it!
What you Need:
- iTunes 10.1 or better
- A Windows PC (Preferably Windows 7, as this is what the tutorial is written for)
- A Printer that is installed on the computer
How to do this:
- Be Sure that you are an administrator on your computer. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User accounts, and on the right hand side, you will see a box with your account information. Make sure that it says Administrator under your name.
- Make your printer Shared. Go to Devices and Printers, and Right Click on the printer you want to make AirPrint Compatible, and click Printer Properties. Then Click the ‘Printer Properties’ Option That will bring up a window, and you want to click the tab on the top that says sharing. Check both checkboxes, and click apply.
- Now go to My Computer > C Program Files (x86), and create a new folder there called AirPrint with the same capitalization as I wrote it.
- Download AirPrint.zip from Here and unzip it into the c:/Program Files (x86)/ Airprint Folder
- Click the start Menu, and type cmd tn the search box and press enter. This will bring up a command prompt window
- Type sc.exe create AirPrint binPath=”C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPrint\airprint.exe -R _ipp._tcp,_universal -s” depend= “Bonjour Service” start=auto sc.exe start AirPrint
You will see a little bit of flashing on the screen, and there will be a firewall window coming up. You want to click Allow Access.
Now go onto your iPad. Go to Photos > Export (The Box with an arrow)>Print, and you should see your printer there!