Welcome to Tech Talk! This is the articles I Posted in my school newspaper over the past school year. This is a series where I explain little known tips and tricks for iPads and rate some of the top apps on the App Store.
iPad Tips and Tricks
1. You can click the “Back To” button where the iPad logo is when the iPad switches apps to return to the one you were previously were on.
2. You can add widgets to the Notification Center by dragging down from the top, scrolling all the way down and clicking “edit.”
3. When you have an app open on another Apple device, you can “hand off” the app by clicking the bar below the apps at the app switcher.
4. You can now search the settings. Drag down to reach the search bar.
5. You can add website icons to your home screen by clicking the box with an arrow in Safari then the option “Add to Home Screen.”
Smashy Road – Free
In this fun and interesting app, you are a fugitive running from the cops. This app is basically a dumbed-down version of Grand Theft Auto and is a very interesting and good take on the game empire. And the best part is it’s free. This app deserves its 5 of 5 star rating because of the interesting and creative map to play on and the story development as you run away from the police.
Shooty Skies – Free
In this time-killing app, you are a cat in a plane shooting away at an expanse of enemies ranging from space-invader-like enemies to a floating boom box. This app is yet another block-like game and deserves its 5 of 5 star rating.
Musi – Free
In this app, you can create YouTube playlists in a way similar to that of apps like Spotify. This is a great app, but is distracting from the true purpose of the app by a newsfeed of popular videos. I would rate this app a 4 of 5 because it is a great concept.
FXGuru – Free
In this app, you can create motion-tracking special effects in any video. It is a great app, but I would rate it a 3 of 5 because of the excessive in app purchases needed to get the coolest effects.